Author Interview Questionnaire
Would you like to take part in our Author Interview series? I am always looking for author stories to share with other writers and readers.
If you would like to be considered, please copy the questionnaire below, fill it out, and send it to me at MadaketLanePublishers@comcast.net. Please put “Author Interview” in the subject line.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- This questionnaire is quite generic. Please feel free to amend it to highlight your book(s) and career
- If you have specific dates (for instance, to coincide with KDP free days) that you would like your interview to appear on the site, please send me an email and I will try to accommodate you.
- I will send you a confirmation and date for your interview. In that email, I’ll send you a “My Book’s Been Buzzed” button. I would appreciate if you put it (and the link back to my site) on your blog/website. If you don’t have a place for the button, I would appreciate if you’d add this site – and link – to your blogroll (thanks)
- Please send a small (about 225 px wide) author photo as well as your book’s cover if it is not yet available on Amazon. If it is already available, I’ll take it from there. Send to: MadaketLanePublishers@comcast.net.
Other retail sites:
Author contact email:
- Before we begin, can you please tell our readers a little bit about you, about where you live, and whether you work full-time as a writer?
- When did you start writing?
- Have you always dreamed of becoming an author?
- Did you study writing or were you, like so many authors, the kind of person who has been “writing as long as (you) can remember”?
- Please tell us about your book(s). What genre is it in, who are the main characters (if fiction), how long is it, what is the book “about,” and, most importantly, when will it launch? (If you have more than one book out, please give a short description of each).
- Where did you get the inspiration for your book?
- Please describe your perfect/target reader/audience.
- Did you self-publish or are you working with a publishing house?
- How did you decide to publish this way?
- What about layout and design? Did you hire a cover artist and/or book designer, or did you do everything yourself?
- Can you tell us about the marketing aspect of your book launch?
- What types of marketing have you done?
- What is the most effective marketing you have done?
- Did you hire a PR firm to oversee your public relations, or did you take on that job yourself?
- Are there any mistakes you made during the writing/publishing/marketing process that you would caution other authors not to make?
- If you could go back and do it all over, what would you do differently?
- Where is your book available?
- Which platform (online retailer) has worked out the best for you?
- If you could do one thing to improve the publishing industry, what would that be?
- Are there any final thoughts or suggestions you can offer to other authors just starting out?
- On a more personal note, what is your favorite hobby?
- Who is your favorite celebrity or historical person?
- If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would that be, and why?
- Is there anything else you would like to add to help your readers get to know you?